I am constantly organizing things. Now that I am a stay at home mom, I treat the upkeep of my home as part of my career. And just like my old job, I have to be organized to be productive. EK's room has been bothering me so bad. I have organized it about 3 times since April, but nothing seemed to work. Two problems were causing my failure:
- TOO MANY TOYS!!!!- We seriously RARELY buy toys but they just seem to accumulate from grandparents. Don't get me wrong, I REALLY appreciate the presents when they come, but occasionally I have get rid of somethings. I put some things in our ever increasing garage sale pile. I also limited the number of babies and stuffed animals that she has out and the rest went in the top of the closet.
- Not enough plastic containers. If Any type of container comes my way I save it! I LOVE having things in containers. It is borderline obsessive. I have plastic containers from when I was in college still! Susannah- Do you remember we had all these little plastic baskets in our drawers in our dorm? Well, I still have them! Anyway, even with all these containers, EK has tons of groupings of things so I needed more containers to keep all them together. I spent about $20 at The Dollar Tree and used every single container I bought and still need more.
Here are some pictures of the almost finished project. I still have to clean out and put away clothes that she has outgrown but after 3 1/2 hours I think it looks pretty darn good. EK was excited about it too. She loves to correct me if I put something in the wrong place. On a side note, the kitchen was bought as a toy but has become great for storing toys! All the containers have labels with what belongs in it.


This entry was posted
on 8:30 PM
.
You can leave a response
and follow any responses to this entry through the
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.
YES!! I do remember all those containers! I still have some of mine too! We were VERY organized. I'm dying laughing right now, because I just thought about me falling off that chair while putting stars on our ceiling and you not knowing what the heck was going on!:) You are organized! EK's closet looks good! You did a great job!
Looks awesome! Will you please come to my house and do mine? One of my weaknesses is organizing drawers and closets! Good for you!! Where do you find the time? No job is too big for "Supermom Angela House"..