This past Friday I celebrated my 30th birthday. I kind of actually feel younger now that I am 30. I am no longer the older twenty something..I am now a very young 30-something. Hehe. That night we ate chicken chili and key lime pie and had a "movie night". Being with my family is the greatest thing! Seth surprised me with a new camera! I carelessly lost ours a few weeks ago, so we had to get another one. I love it! It is a Sony Cybershot DSC. I was able to share my day with Reid as it was his 9 month old birthday. WOW! My baby is getting big! Here are some things that he is now doing:

- He rarely army crawls anymore. He has graduated to all fours.
- He pulls up easily and cruises around the coffee table. I haven't caught him move from one object to the other yet.
- He will look at me and start laughing so that I will laugh. The more I laugh the more he laughs.
- He doesn't say consonant sounds alot but sometimes he says "ba ba", "duh duh", "ma ma", "gu gu". Mostly he hollers really loud "AGHHHHHHHHHH" (especially when he is in his highchair and wants me to hurry it up with his food). Even though he has made the sound "ma ma" a few times, I don't consider it his first word because he is just babbling. Sometimes he calls for Ella Katherine by saying "UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH".
-He is a HAM! When we eat at restaurants he turns around backwards in his seat so he can show off to the other patrons. As soon as he gets them to notice him, he gives a huge "don't you just want to eat me up" smile.

-He is a mama's boy. Don't get me wrong he LOVES his daddy and gets real excited when Seth gets home from work, but that boy is very fond of his mama. That will change before I know it so I am relishing the attention for now.
-He has been going through a little separation anxiety, in particular when I leave him in the nursery at church. He spends the whole time fussing or screaming.

-He puts EVERYTHING in his mouth. When EK was a baby she rarely put things in her mouth, but Reid wants to eat everything. Today he attempted to eat a play-doh cookie that EK was making.
-He loves bathtime and cries when I take him out of the tub.

-Ella Katherine's room is his favorite place to play. He also loves opening and closing drawers and doors.
-He is very curious and tries to get into a lot of things he isn't supposed to, but he is not strong-willed and will stop if I tell him no.
-He eats very well. When he wakes up he nurses and then eats pureed fruit mixed with plain yogurt and cereal. For lunch he nurses then eats two vegetables (sweet potatoes, butternut squash, field peas, green peas, squash, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower). For dinner he nurses, then he eats his baby food veggies or he eats whatever we eat. He likes mac-n-cheese, beef and vegetable soup, bread, rice, etc.) Before bed he nurses, then eats a bottle of formula and cereal.
What fun it is to have a boy and a girl! They have such neat differences. Thank you Lord for the blessing of being the mother of these two.
This entry was posted
on 10:13 AM
.
You can leave a response
and follow any responses to this entry through the
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.
Reid is such a doll!Our babies are growing up way to fast.
happy belated birthday! i accidentally found your blog thru bonnie and kerry's spot...your family is beautiful! i know you are proud!