Triumphant  

Posted by: Angela

Lately I haven't been feeling very triumphant. Sometimes I get so downtrodden with how much improvement I need. My words are not seasoned with salt like they should be. I am short with my children when I should be patient and slow to anger. I am cranky with Seth when I should love him as myself. I am anxious about the future when I should be anxious about nothing. I covet things that I don't have (material and immaterial) when I should take joy in Christ alone and be thankful for the many blessings he has given me. God calls us to be Holy, because He is Holy, but it is a lifelong battle of constant improvement. He does not expect us to be perfect, yet we are to strive for perfection. That does not mean we inflict punishment on ourselves when we make a wrong turn. Yes, there are consequences for sin, but Christ has suffered and died on the cross so that we are not bound by sin but are triumphant and more than conquerors. Why do I punish myself with my thoughts of self deprecation? God has called us to be joyful and victorious. Not because of anything we have done but because of His awesome mercy. Dear Lord, help me to find rest in Your mercy and be filled with the victory and joy that comes from Your sacrifice on the cross.

Zephaniah 3:14-17

14 Sing, O daughter of Zion; shout, O Israel; be glad and rejoice with all the heart, O daughter of Jerusalem.

15 Jehovah hath taken away thy judgments, he hath cast out thine enemy: the King of Israel, even Jehovah, is in the midst of thee; thou shalt not fear evil any more.

16 In that day it shall be said to Jerusalem, Fear thou not; O Zion, let not thy hands be slack.

17 Jehovah thy God is in the midst of thee, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love; he will joy over thee with singing.

This entry was posted on 8:02 AM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

2 comments

In short..diddo! Praying with you, sister!

We all have days where we don't feel so triumphant.. Trust me when I say you are not alone! You are a great friend, wife and mommy! Love you!

Post a Comment