Orlando Fun  

Posted by: Angela

We headed to Orlando for the state Teacher of the Year banquet the second week of July. It was held in Orlando and we stayed at the Grand Bohemian downtown. It was a VERY nice hotel (probably the nicest I have ever been in), but it was definitely not "kid-friendly". Seth had sessions through the day and it rained the whole time we were there so the kids and I stayed in the hotel room for almost 2 days straight. Our plan was that we would spend the days swimming but that didn't happen. The first night, we went to downtown Disney. It was fun, but Reid had a horrible stomach ache and as we waited for a table at the Rainforest Cafe, he screamed uncontrollably for over an hour. I took desperate measures and even tried to nurse him in a secluded part of the center but he was not having it. He finally started to settle down, and we were called for our table. As we were being seated he started screaming again. We decided not to eat there because we did not want to subject the rest of the people to the screams. I walked him around for a little while longer and he burped and was fine for the rest of the night. We wound up eating at McDonald's. They had a lady on stage at one part and she was teaching the kids dance moves. EK thought it was fun but she was really shy and spent most of her time just watching the other kids.


After the crying spell



Legos

EK clapping

Rainforest Cafe

The next night, our good friend Austin kept the kids so we could go to the banquet at Hard Rock Cafe Live in Universal CityWalk. It was SOOOO nice! Macy's sponsors the event and Debra Norville from Inside Edition was the MC. It was such a big production! After that was over we went and picked up the kids and went back to the hotel room. Reid once again had a screaming fit. He cried for over an hour and Seth and I were so frustrated trying to not disturb the other guests. We knew something had to be wrong because he typically is such a good baby. Finally he burped again and he quited down and went to sleep. We finally determined it was the formula we were using. I nurse him mostly but at night he gets a formula bottle with cereal.

Hard Rock Cafe Live

There were some rough parts of the trip but all in all it was a fun time!


The next week my mom came to visit and Seth and I went to Orlando that Friday to go to Universal and Islands of Adventure. He had gotten 2 free tickets at the previous trip. We had a blast riding the coasters and acting like kids! That afternoon it was about 400 degrees and I was hotter than I think I have ever been! We could feel the heat from the pavement through our tennis shoes. We were staying at our friend Austin's house and he didn't get off work until 5 so we headed to the movie theater inside City walk and watched Harry Potter. It was good, but I definitely DO NOT recommend this for kids. There were some elementary kids beside us and they got pretty scared. That night we went to eat with Austin. Our initial plan was to go to SeaWorld to ride the coasters the next day because we have passes, but we missed our babies too much and decided to drive back home. Granny did a great job with them!

My Tree




This entry was posted on 1:11 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

1 comments

I want to live in Florida! I am so glad you guys got to go off and be kids. That sounds like fun.

Post a Comment