St. John's County Teacher of the Year!!!  

Posted by: Angela

Several months ago Seth was named Teacher of the Year for his school. Then while he was taking time off after the baby he received a phone call from the Superintendent informing him that he was one of three finalists for the teacher of the year for the county. This was out of 35 candidates. They came and filmed his classroom and the judges did an observation of his teaching. This past Thursday was the awards banquet where they revealed the winner. We had Ms. Vicki from church watch the kids. It was hard leaving Reid but I survived. The banquet was at the World Golf Village in St. Augustine. Seth's school was very supportive and had 22 faculty to attend. About 2 hours into the program they finally announced the winner and it was Seth!!! We are and were so excited! He won a 2 day golf lesson at Sawgrass, 2 tickets to the TPC championship, a "Social Membership" to Sawgrass, a fieldtrip for his students to the TPC championship where they get to meet the pro golf players, a weekend stay at Marco Island which is on the southern part of the Gulf of Mexico, and several other small prizes. It was such an exciting night and I was so proud of Seth. From here he goes on to the State Teacher of the Year Competition. The finalists will be announced in April or May. I will keep everyone updated.

This entry was posted on 11:54 AM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

3 comments

Go Seth! That is awesome! Your speech was great- I just cried! Congratulations- you deserve it! :)

Oh my goodness! How exciting! That is so awesome. Seth you deserve it!!!!! Alabama sure misses you!

Seth and Angela, I am so glad you have this page so that I can keep up with what is going on in your lives.....I just watched everything and had a good cry. I miss you all and wish I could hold baby Reid....Seth, congatulations on all the awards you have received....you make me so proud .....what a wonderful man and teacher you have become....I hope I will get to see you all soon! All my love,
Christy

Post a Comment