Ella Katherinisms Part 2- "My hungry too" and "Looking for Poo Poo"  

Posted by: Angela

Disclaimer: For those of you reading this blog...these stories may not be funny or interesting to you because sometimes you just have to be there to really get it. I am posting these mainly for my benefit because I don't won't to forget the toddler cuteness.
Episode 1: On our way back from Lafayette this past weekend we stopped at a Chik-Fil-A for a potty break. While Seth was waiting in the car for me a lady pulled up beside him and preceded to ask him for money to get back home. We are trying to learn discernment when it comes to helping people. It is hard to know when to give and what to give people. In this case, we felt it was more appropriate to buy her and her husband breakfast in lieu of money so that is what we did. As we were driving down the road, Seth and I decided to explain to EK what we just did and why we did it. I told her that the lady was hungry and had no money so we bought her some food. I said that you should help people in need. She looked at me with her big blue eyes and said in a very serious voice, "My hungry too Mama." Seth and I stifled a laugh. She hasn't quite gotten out of the self centered phase and she didn't understand why we fed the lady and left her out of the bounty.

Episode 2: Seth's parents have a dog that likes to mark (i.e. pee) our belongings when we come to visit therefore he has to wear a sock wrapped and pinned around his lower body to keep the tee tee from going on our stuff. Ms. Brenda noticed that his sock was wet so Mr. Reid walked around the house with a flashlight to try and find the place where he hiked his leg. EK watched his every move. Last night Seth and I were cleaning the house and she was walking around with a keychain flashlight that I had given her a few days ago. She was intently shining her light in closets and in crevices all over the house. We asked her what she was doing and she replied, "My looking for poo poo." She did this for about 30 minutes last night. It was hilarious!

This entry was posted on 9:43 AM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment