Welcome to the World Michael Reid House  

Posted by: Angela

Baby Reid has arrived!!!! We went to the hospital Friday morning and prepared to have the procedure to try and flip him to a heads down position. The doctor came in and miraculously he had flipped on his own. God is so good! We thank everyone so much for all the prayers! The doctor then gave us two options. We could go ahead and induce or go home and wait until I went into labor. I already had an IV in and was ready to have the baby so we opted to go ahead and induce. Around 10 am he gave me a new drug (can't remember the name) that is a more natural induction than the typically used pitocin. By about 5 pm I was about 5 cm and decided to go ahead and get my epidural. With EK I went from 4 cm to 10 cm in a matter of 45 minutes so I warned the nurse and doctor about that this time. The same thing happened with Reid. I dilated from 5 cm to 10 cm in a matter of about an hour. I pushed for about 10 minutes and Reid arrived at 10:05 pm weighing 7 lbs 12 oz and 20 1/4 in long. He is only 3 days old but seems to be a good baby. He LOVES to eat! Last night I nursed from about 7 pm to 1:30 am with only a few breaks in between. I think when my supply picks up he will slow down some. I think he looks like Seth. He looks a little like EK too. Ella Katherine absolutely LOVES him! Seth brought her in to see him right after he was born and she was kissing him and said that he was her best friend. She is very protective of him...She told the nurse the next day to be careful. It is sooo strange to say that I have children now instead of just a child. What a blessing motherhood is!!! I feel so humbled that God chose me to raise these beautiful children of his. Here are a few pictures. I have many more that I will post later but right now I have to get back to feeding my milk monster.


This entry was posted on 2:30 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

2 comments

Congrats to ALL of you! Reid is beautiful! I am so glad everything went so well! Take care!

Congratulations on your beautiful boy. Yes, he does look like his daddy. What a little miracle. Keep us updated!

Post a Comment