Yesterday I left work for lunch and was turning left into the K-Mart parking lot (I am trying to find a lamp for Reid's room) and a guy ran a red light and hit my rear passenger side. That spun me around and my other side hit another ladies car. He then hit another ladies car who was turning right. So there were 4 cars involved. I was pretty shaken up. Obviously I was worried about my baby boy. My coworker came and picked me up and took me to the labor and delivery unit at the hospital where I am going to deliver. I had already called Seth and he was there waiting on me. The nurse hooked me up to the fetal monitor and Reid's heart rate was a little high but eventually slowed down to a good rate. I was having contractions about every 2-3 minutes consistently but I was not progressing and they weren't painful, just uncomfortable. After being there for about 1 1/2 hours, they let me go. The nurse said that the contractions may go away and not come back again until my induction date. She said if they continue then come back if they got painful enough that I couldn't talk during them. I am still having them but they haven't intensified and aren't consistent. Last night they were somewhat painful for about an hour. I am staying home from work today at the insistence of my boss but may go back tomorrow- I'd feel a whole lot better if I got some things wrapped up before Reid gets here. My injuries include a bruised elbow, a knot on my head from hitting the window, a little whiplash in my neck, and a little soreness in my lower right back. I am so blessed that my baby and I were kept safe. I think the guy who hit me was mentally disabled. He looked so pitiful after the wreck. The people involved in the wreck included, a 9 month pregnant lady (me), an 8 month pregnant lady, an old woman, a handicapped man, and a 3 year little boy. Blessed be the Lord that no one was hurt! I am so thankful that EK wasn't with me as it hit on her side. I will keep everyone updated after I go to the doctor but I think this little boy does not want to leave his mama quite yet. Below are some pics from the wreck. My beloved Honda may be totaled which is very sad. There is nothing like having a reliable vehicle that is paid for. Please be in prayer for the man driving the truck. 


Prime Big Deals
2 weeks ago
Oh my gosh! That is so scary! I am glad everyone is okay and the baby is doing fine. Praise the Lord!
Oh, Angela! I am so glad everything is okay. I know how scary it is to be in a wreck while pregnant. After the wreck (while I was pregnant with Sophia) I was terrified. You had some angels with you and Reid! REST & take care of yourself.