Baby Reid Update...2 more days!!!  

Posted by: Angela

I went to the doctor yesterday and was surprised to find that Reid is right side up which makes him upside down! He is breach. The doc said that I have 3 options...1. Have a C-section, 2. Try an aversion where the doctor tries to flip the baby. He basically manhandles my belly and tries to manipulate the baby to turn. If the baby's heartrate drops (there is a possibility of this) then I will have to have a C-section. If it works (60% chance) then they will go ahead and induce labor, 3. Wait around and see if he flips on his own and wait for labor to start. This is rare that they flip on their own at this point. Seth and I have prayed about it and are going to try the aversion. I think it will be pretty painful but I want to try and not have a c-section. We want at least one more child so I would like to decrease my chances of having multiple c-sections, not to mention I don't want to be cut open. Dr. Baird is an older doctor and he has a good record of getting the babies to flip so I feel comfortable with him doing it. He also said that being my second baby it is easier to get the baby to flip because there is more room in there. He doesn't recommend this for first time moms. Also, he wants to do it at 39 weeks because if I go into labor they can't flip him because the uterus tightens around the baby. Also it is better if the baby isn't too big when they try. That being said we will be going in on Friday to deliver baby Reid. Please keep us in your prayers. Ella Katherine and I are home today having a girl's day.

On another note...the car is totaled. I am so sad. I don't know why I endear myself to old stuff. I am going to miss my little Honda. It actually couldn't have happened at a better time as I won't really need a vehicle for awhile and that will give us some time to look for a new one. We are thinking maybe a used Honda CRV or Toyota Rav4 or something like that. We are pretty loyal honda customers...between Seth and I we have owned 4. Also, another Accord or a Camry wouldn't be bad. If anyone knows of anyone trying to sell their vehicle then let us know.

This entry was posted on 8:29 AM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

2 comments

Okay, wow, this has gone SO fast!! I like the idea of an aversion? too! I had to have an emergency c-section with Anderson because they induced and his heart rate dropped. I'm SOOOO excited for you guys and can't wait for you to experience the love of a little boy, they steal their momma's hearts. I'm glad that you weren't hurt in your accident and sad that you have to get rid of your car. Boo! What happened to the mustang? Love you girl and we'll be sending prayers your way! Btw...we're gonna try crying it out this weekend, YIKES! Pray for us too!

Okay.. I am waiting patiently!! I am ready to see Reid. Are you busy or something? (Ha, Ha)

Post a Comment