Ella Katherine and I had planned on going to Brimingham for a wedding this past weekend but we got news Thursday night that my grandfather was not doing well. So Friday afternoon Seth, EK and I packed up and drove to Dothan. He passed on later that evening. We had the visitation Sunday night and the funeral on Monday. His death was somewhat unexpected. Although he had been sick with Alheimers' for several years,he had been doing really well the past year or so. He got sick a week earlier and had to be admitted into the hospital and he went downhill fast.
This was my last grandparent to pass on. Seth and I have lost 4 grandparents in the past 2 1/2 years (1 on Seth's side and 3 on mine). What was so wierd about my grandfather's death was the similiar ciscumstances surrounding his death and Seth's grandmother's death. Seth's grandmother died on Halloween last year and his cousin's wedding was that weekend. My grandfather died on Halloween this year and my step cousin's wedding was this weekend. Ella Katherine has been to 6 funerals since she was born. Between Seth's family and mine we have seen a lot of earthly death lately. I pray that I will see each one of them again when I go to my heavenly home.
Prime Big Deals
2 weeks ago
Angela,
I have been thinking about you. I am so sad to hear about your grandfather. Death is never easy, but you are right... you will be reunited one day! Love to all, Laura
I am so sorry to hear about your grandfather. You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers. Take care! Love, All of us
I hate to hear about your grandfather Angela. You guys are in our prayers!