Christmas Blessings  

Posted by: Angela

This Christmas was very different than any other Christmas we have had. Typically we spend our time on the road and with family, but because of the upcoming arrival of the baby we (and my doctor) decided it was best if we spent this year at home. Although we really missed our family, it was nice to be able to be at home for Christmas Eve and morning. I spent most of the day Christmas Eve cooking. That night we went to one of the nursing homes our church visits and sang Christmas carols with our church family and some of the residents. Ella Katherine was so sweet. She helped pass out mints and snowflakes to the older people and much to our surprise she gave each of them a hug. The residents loved having her visit and one man even gave her $2. It was so sweet! After that we went to a candlelight service at our church. EK got to hold a candle which made me a little nervous but she was very careful. We then went home where we enjoyed turkey, baked rice, zucchini squash casserole, a yummy salad, rolls, and pumpkin pie. We were stuffed! We then put EK to bed and set her presents out. Seth and I have so much fun getting her presents displayed and her stocking stuffed. Baby Reid even got his own stocking. The next morning was a blast too! EK loved her presents and we enjoyed our traditional Christmas breakfast of sausage balls. We laid around all day and that afternoon my mom arrived at our house. The day after Christmas we did a little shopping for baby Reid since we have bought hardly anything for the poor baby. I was beginning to think he may have to wear pink onesies if I didn't start getting some stuff together. We got his "take home" outfit, some other outfits, and a monitor. The next day we decided to take my mom to see St. Augustine. We walked around the town, ate lunch, and then took EK to the park. She always has such a good time there. On Sunday my mom packed up and left that morning. On the spurr of the moment we decided to drive to Orlando and go to SeaWorld since my pass expires at the end of the year. Seth gets in free because he is a FL teacher and EK is free too. We finally made it in the park around 2 pm and stayed until about 6:30. EK loved the rides and her favorite animals were the alligators. The park was packed and I think over half of the people were foreign. Also, I think I saw maybe 2 other pregnant women and they looked only about 6 months pregnant. All the other pregnant ladies probably have better sense than to walk around a theme park during the busiest time of the year. hehe. This Christmas has been a blessing and I can't wait for the coming year! We are so close to the arrival of our son and are so excited about meeting him! The Lord has blessed us so much more than we deserve or could ever hope for!

These are the pictures from Christmas Eve. Ella Katherine has become really interested in being a photographer. Try and see if you can guess which ones she took.


These are the pictures of Christmas day.


These are the pictures from our visit to St. Augustine.


These are the pictures from our trip to SeaWorld.

This entry was posted on 10:11 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

1 comments

I love all your pictures! I am sure it was relaxing to have your "own" Christmas. How many more weeks left do you have before Baby Reid arrives? 3 ?

Post a Comment