Our weekend started good but ended with a sick baby girl. We woke up Saturday and drove to Lake City to see my cousin Brooke and her new baby Tripp. He was so precious! EK could not keep her hands off of him. She wanted to rub his head, his hands, his face, and his belly. She wanted to hold him too but we thought that was not a good idea considering she carries her baby dolls around by their hair. When we got home I put her down for a late nap and she woke up around 5 pm. She felt warm so I checked her temperature and it was 102.6. We had plans that night to go to a 40th birthday party for our neighbor and Ms. Hawkins and MacKenzie were going to keep Ella Katherine. Ms. Hawkins teaches with Seth and MacKenzie is EK's adopted big sister. I am not exagerrating when I say that 50% of the times that we have asked them to keep her, she has gotten a fever and we have had to cancel. So we gave her motrin and her fever came down some and we decided to continue with our plans. We dropped her off and went to the party at the Plaza in the Hyatt downtown. It was really nice to have a night out with adults. We went and picked her up around 10:30. She was asleep and her fever was up again. I gave her Motrin once again and put her in bed once we got home. She woke up crying around 3:30 AM and I checked her fever and it was 104.6! Seth and I started freaking out. I stripped her down and put her in a cool bath while Seth started calling our doctor. By the way, I found out later my doc doesn't like the cool bath thing. He says it increases the risk of seizure. Praise the Lord for keeping my child safe! By the time the nurse called back her fever had gotten back down to around 102. The nurse said we should take her to the emergency room because she had been having chills and that is a sign of infection. So even though we felt it was not necessary we loaded her up and off to Wolfson's Children's Hospital we went. EK is fine being in a doctor's office and hospital but the minute they want to do anything to her she starts freaking out! The lady handed me her hospital bracelet and you would have thought we were cutting her leg off. Same thing happened in the triage room. The nurse said she had been traumatized in the past. Seth's mom says when he was little he screamed like crazy the whole way to the doctor's office and didn't stop until they were leaving, so I think she gets it from him. I of course was a perfect child and never screamed when I had doctors visits:) After 3 hours waiting we finally see the doctor. I seriously think they forgot about us. She says the strep test is negative and she will do a chest X-ray and urine sample for further tests. EK would not tee tee in the cup so I suggested to Seth we just leave and see our doctor on Monday. The nurse asked the doctor and she said that was fine. So we went home and all piled in our bed and slept for a few hours. That evening MacKenzie came over because her parents had a function at church. EK and she took it easy and played a little in her room and watched a movie. I stayed out with her Monday and took her to the doctor. She has herpangitis (sp?), which means a viral infection that creates sores on her tonsils and mouth. She barely ate anything yesterday. I asked if she wanted ice cream and she said no, so I knew my baby was sick. This morning I went to work while Seth stayed out with her and she was feeling much better. We will take her to school tomorrow.
Prime Big Deals
2 weeks ago
THis poor baby!! I hope she is much better! That was scary though!!!:) I would have been freaking out the whole time!!!