Reidy Boy Turns ONE!!!!  

Posted by: Angela


Ok, as of today he is actually 13 months. His birthday fell on a Saturday this year so we had his party on his actual birthday- January 16th. Seth's parents came down for the party and we had a few of our friends from church over.
Seth grilled bbq leg quarters and I made Amanda's baked bean recipe, corn on the cob, garlic bread, and cole slaw. His cake was from Costco. Their cakes are so good and only $17 for a half sheet.
I made Reidy's little smash cake and just like his sister and mama, HE LOVES ALL THINGS CHOCOLATE. This was his first taste of cake and needless to say he is hooked.
The day before his birthday I sewed for 18 hours trying to finish his outfit, hat, and bib.This is Reid and his buddy Harrison who is only a 1 1/2 weeks older than Reid. Kristin and I had the exact same due date. I made Harrison's outfit too.
We had a great time, and enjoyed it even more because Seth's parents could come.

Reid is such a blessing to us. He has the funniest little personality and keeps us laughing with his little mischievous grin. He loves to eat but can be quite picky at times. He isn't really fond of vegetables, but loves fruit and bread and pasta. He is happy as long as his belly is full and he isn't teething. Right now I think he is getting his one year molars in because he hasn't been sleeping well, he has been especially clingy to me, and has been cranky. He does have his 4th bottom front tooth coming in as well. He still is not an official walker. He has been taking steps since before his first birthday, but hasn't been in a hurry to walk. He can crawl really fast so I think he just doesn't want to bother with walking. He is a great climber! We recently got bunk beds for EK's room and he can crawl up the ladder all by himself. I keep the ladder up when I am not in the room. When he gets a little bigger he and EK will share a room, hence the bunk beds. He gets really excited when Daddy comes home and hugs Seth so tight. He loves books with flaps that he can open and close. He loves to dance and play his guitar.

He has already learned the letter B sound.

At his 12 month checkup he weighed 23 lbs 12 oz and was 33 inches long.

This entry was posted on 12:18 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

4 comments

Oh, Angie. He is a DOLL! What a handsome young man:) I cannot believe how time flies!!!
Love you and miss you! Give those babies kisses from me:)

I cannot believe he is one ALREADY!! ANGELA! How did that happen?:) It seems as if he was just born. He is just precious! And don't worry, Anderson didn't walk until 13 months;) I LOVE his outfit, you did such a great job! Say...how much would you charge an old roomie to do one for Anderson?? :) Let me know susivey@yahoo.com

I am SO glad you are back in the blogging world. I have missed seeing those kiddos. Happy Birthday Reid! ONE already!! Your sewing is awesome Angela!! EK has grow up!

I am so glad you finally posted some news! I have missed reading about y'all! Reid is so cute and looks like he has so much personality! EK is getting to be such a big girl-can't believe our girls are about to be 4! I also LOVE, LOVE the outfits you are making! You are such a Suzie Homemaker! :)

Post a Comment